CUSTOM AIRCRAFT MOUSE CURSOR POINTERs
(Latest version 27 March 2007 - added TWA color)
The overwhelming response to my Custom "LongEZ" mouse cursor is, "Can you make these for other planes?"
SO, BY POPULAR DEMAND, I've added the RV, a High Wing, PLUS, several Jet and Fighter Planes to the LongEZ Cursor set.
After installing these cursors, instead of looking at that plain old "Ho-Hum" arrow for your mouse cursor,
now you'll get to log some flight time.
For Example: When you click on a task that takes time to load, instead of watching the boring hour-glass thingy,
You can do the same thing you do when your #2 behind that other $%#^@%#*(($# plane who's four miles out, flying along at ($#(*&%^#$@^@ 45 kts with the stall horn blaring. You can do "S-Turns", "Dutchrolls", "Aileron Rolls", "Sweep" your wings if your flying one of those F14s, OR, Blast them out of the sky with rockets and guns.
For you Windows users, Replacing your "Arrow" cursors is easy.
CLICK this link or continue to scroll down near the bottom of this page for instructions:
NOTE - If your browser supports cursors, you'll see the cursor change when you scroll over the different airplanes.
EZ / Cozy, Velocity, E-Racer, AeroCanard
RVs and several other Low Wing
Cessna and other High Wing planes
Boeing 737, 757, 767, 777, and Airbus
Boeing 707, 747, DC-8, and Airbus
Check back often I'll add new cursors as they are requested. Contact "
DOWNLOAD AND UNZIP
1) Download or copy the cursor ZIP files to a safe location. If the "DOWNLOAD SAVE TO" dialog box doesn't open when you click the links above, try doing a right click then select the "SAVE AS" option.
2) UN-ZIP the downloaded files to the cursor folder. The Cursor folder for WinXP = C:\WINDOWS\Cursors
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR DEFAULT DESKTOP CURSORs (MAC Users)
I'm not a Mac person, but its been reported to me that you can't change cursors on a Mac. Try this
MAC CURSOR CHANGE UTILITY and let me know if this works!
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR DEFAULT DESKTOP CURSORs (Windows Users)
1) Click START > Control Panel > Mouse
2) When the "Mouse Properties" box opens, click the "Pointers" tab
3) In the Scheme dropdown box, Verify the current Scheme. It is most likely "Windows Default (system scheme)". You can go back to this if all else fails.
4) In the "Customize" scroll window, select the cursor that you want to replace - (Normal Select, the very top one is the normal windows desktop arrow pointer).
CLICK (Highlight) on Normal Select.
5) Click on the "Browse" button. Browse to the location (C:\WINDOWS\Cursors) that you copied the cursor files to.
6) The new cursors will begin with "Waiters_Cursors". When you find the file you want to use for the Normal Select cursor, highlight it. You'll see it preview in the window. If this is the cursor you want, click OPEN.
7) Click on "Apply" and WHAM, your new cursor will be activated instantly.
To replace the other cursors, repeat steps 4 through 7:
Hover > Replaces the "link", finger cursor.
Wait > Replaces the "Busy and/or Working in background", Hourglass cursor.
Not Allowed > Replaces the "Not Allowed or Unavailable", Not Allowed cursor.
Help > Replaces the "Help", Question mark cursor.
8) When your finished applying all the new cursors, you can save this as your custom Scheme.
9) To save as a custom scheme, click on the "Save As" button (located below the Scheme dropdown box).
10) A "Save Scheme" window will pop up. In the "Save this cursor scheme as" box, type in the name that you want to save your new custom scheme as. I typed in "Windows LongEZ".
11) Click OK, your scheme is now safely stored away.
NOTE 1: It takes several minutes to get used to the LongEZ / RV cursors, especially if you've been using the "arrow" for a long time.
NOTE 2: The "Hot Spot" of the LongEZ cursor is the nose of the plane. The Hot spot for the RV and High Wing cursors is the tip of the spinner. You'll catch on to this quickly.
NOTE 3: Your welcome to use these at home. If you use them on your web site, please post a link to this page.
WARNING: Don't get caught making airplane noises!
Please send comments or questions to "
CURSOR POINTER INSTALLATION NOTES:
If you have WinXP, then this utility is built in as part of the WinXP operating system. Otherwise, you'll need to
DOWNLOAD and install a copy of the Utility call WinZip.
If you need to use WinZip, the instruction below will be similiar, extract the files to C:\WINDOWS\Cursors.
Unzip for WinXP Users
1) Download and save the cursor ZIP file to your desktop. This will make it easy to find.
2) You'll notice the folders icon has a zipper (cute).
3) Right click on the zip folder and select "EXTRACT ALL".
4) An Extraction wizard pops up, click NEXT at the Welcome screen.
5) The next screen is the "Select a Destination", Select "BROWSE".
Browse to: "My Computer > C > WINDOWS > Cursors"
6) Click "Next" If you get a warning about "READ ME FIRST.txt" already exists, click "Yes"
You'll see the progress bar move as the files are extracted and placed in the cursor folder.
7) Click "Finish" after all the files are extracted.
This places the cursors in your Windows cursor folder, C:\WINDOWS\Cursors.
Waiters GPS Set Time program.
Waiters Flight Data Recorder.
Flight Data Recorder.
Recording aircraft flight data.
Aircraft Voice recorder.
Garmin GPS Serial data Format.
Recording EFIS data.
Capture Serial data.
Convert Raw Data Files.
Free GPS Software.
Reading GPS data.
Reading Garmin GPS data.
Aircraft EFIS Flight Instruments.
Electronic Flight Instruments.
Aircraft Engine Monitor System.
Garmin G format.
Infinity landing gear LongEZ Plans Built Airplane.
Oil Heat system for Homebuilt airplane.
LongEZ Canard and main Wing.
Dynon instrument panel.
Custom Mouse cursors.
Garmin Serial Data Format.
Easy, Free Computer Time setting by GPS Receiver.
Custom mouse pointers.
Custom airplane mouse pointers.
LongEZ Nose gear doors.
Long-EZ main landing gear doors.
LongEZ grasscutter landing gear door.
Custom LongEZ mouse pointers.
Lycoming engine in LongEZ.
MT Propellor with 6 inch propellor extension.
EZNose Lift retractable nose gear for Long-EZ.
Rutan LongEZ is a plans built aircraft.
High speed homebuilt airplane.
Retractable landing gear for LongEZ.
Custom Airbus mouse cursor pointer.
Custom Velocity mouse cursor pointer.
NMEA 0183 Serial data Format.
Custom Cozy mouse cursor pointer.
Custom Aerocanard airplane mouse cursor pointer.
Custom E-Racer mouse cursor pointer.
Custom Canard airplane mouse cursor pointer.
Custom LongEZ mouse cursor pointer.
Set your Computer clock with this free GPS software.
Custom F15 mouse cursor pointer.
Custom A10 Warthog mouse cursor pointer.
LongEZ Hydraulic pump.
Retractable landing gear for a Long-EZ.
Custom F16 mouse cursor pointer.
Custom F14 mouse cursor pointer.
Custom Boeing 747 mouse cursor pointer.
Custom Boeing 767 mouse cursor pointer.
Custom Boeing 777 mouse cursor pointer.
Custom Boeing 737 mouse cursor pointer.
GPS Time Sync.
Custom Boeing 727 mouse cursor pointer.
Landing gear door rigging.
Custom Boeing 757 mouse cursor pointer.
Custom MD80 mouse cursor pointer.
Custom DC9 mouse cursor pointer.
Setting your computer to a GPS Time.
Custom RV mouse cursor pointer.
Downdraft cooling for LongEZ.
Speed brake installation.
Waiters Flight Data Recorder.
LongEZ Baggage pods installation instructions.
Waiters Custom Airplane mouse cursors.
Free GPS Time Sync Program.
LongEZ Intercom installation.
Major airframe overhaul of plans built EZ.
Weight and balance for a LongEZ.
Weight and Balance spreadsheet download for a Long-EZ.
LongEZ fuel system design.
How To remove the wings from a LongEZ.
How To remove the canard from a LongEZ.
Waiters GPS Time sync program runs on PC.
How To remove the engine from a LongEZ.
Long-EZ Downdraft cooling for a Lycoming O-320.
Long-EZ Wing Removal and installation instructions.
Waiters Retractable Landing Gear Controller.
Landing Light installation in LongEZ.
Install free EFIS software on your PC.
How to Put several longezs in one hangar.
How to install an Infinity Aerospace Retractable landing gear in a Long-EZ.
How to install DownDraft cooling on a Long-EZ.
Setting you computer clock to GPS time.
How to set your Computer clock to GPS Time.
Using your GPS Receiver to set your computers clock.
Low cost GPS receiver used to syncronize Computer clock to GPS time.
Neat Canopy stay system for an EZ.
Cabin Heat using engine oil as source.
Waiters GPS Time, Syncronize your PCs internal clock with the GPS satellite.
Remote display of EFIS on a PC.
Cabin Oil Heater for a LongEZ.
LongEZ Landing Gear Door.
Rigging a LongEZ Landing Gear door.
Icom Radio in LongEZ.
How to Build a Manometer.
LongEZ Electrical system upgrades.
Grand Rapids EMS.
Custom Windows cursors.
Custom Windows mouse pointers.
LongEZ Cowling for downdraft cooling.
Record holding LongEZ flights.
Using a PLC for a retractable Landing Gear Controller in a LongEZ.
Syncronize your PCs clock to a GPS receiver.
Airspeed vs pressure lookup tables.
How to build a homebuilt airplane.
Video of LongEZ taking off.
Grasscutter landing gear door.
EZ Nose Lift installation.
Landing Gear status indicator.
Shareware software can set your PC clock vie a GPS receiver.
Landing Gear controller computer for LongEZ.
Landing gear doors.
Dynon EMS10 installed in instrument panel of a LongEZ.
Dynon EFIS D10A installed in instrument panel of a LongEZ.
Flight Data Recorder Software.
Video of High G turn in a Long EZ.
Strong Pitch Trim system installed in a LongEZ.
Strong Pitch Trim mounted on Left Side of Long-EZ.
Free software sets your PC clock with a GPS receiver.
Video of LongEZ Taking off.
Video of LongEZ Landing.
Video of LongEZ performing a high G turn.
Video of Infinity Landing gear being retracted into a LongEZ.
LongEZ Color White.
Painting your LongEZ.
Infinity Landing Gear for LongEZ.
Strong Pitch system.